Sunday 18 May 2008

SAD

Feeling sad and bad to day. It's been a while since I slept well. Some weekends don't work well. I hear myself shouting at the children, wincing from their whining and wondering how to make it work. It's an energy issue thing. Some days I just don't have it. Some days I'd like to be kid free, just do my own thing and it all comes to a head at the weekend. It's not that I don't love the children, I love them passionately. In fact if you asked me what my greatest fear is I would reply, something happening to one of them, something dark, and traumatic and life-changing. Some weekends my husband Luke and I just don't get on well, and this is one of them. I feel ugly, both inside and out.

I am involved in a group called Wecan - originally a group of women who meet every month at a book club. Wecan is our way of asking for climate Action Now. We are staging a protest Vigil this coming Tuesday between 530 and midnight outside parliament on the green - we will have green ribbons, and are (not to be confused with the anti abortion protest) - we are against the third runway and we want a cross party coalition on the subject of climate change. This will be a peaceful protest, with children. Bring a candle and a green ribbon and join us. www.wecan.uk.com

No comments: