Thursday 24 January 2008

Mice

The mice are getting bolder. They come out at about 10.30pm and scurry through the night: climbing, eating crumbs, leaving droppings and doing what mice do.  (My husband used to sleep downstairs on the sofa when he returned very late from work. He can no longer do that because of the mice antics. He also used to sleep downstairs after we'd had a row or were sick of the sight of each other.) At first there was one and I thought it was rather sweet. It was tentative and sprinted across the kitchen floor about three times a week. Today my daughter (Belle age 3  - 4 on April 2nd) saw one at 2pm.  Once we had people for dinner and everyone watched a mouse nosing under the table where we'd just eaten. I am an animal lover but the mice are really getting to me now. I shouted at this wretched mouse, then I ran towards where it had retreated and stamped my foot like a spoilt child. Belle was more scared of me than the mouse. We have tried everything short of getting a cat.  I hate sharing my life with mice. 

1 comment:

marymaryquitecontrary said...

I would leave home;I have such a phobia about mice. I shiver at the thought.